Question:
What is the width of the elevator door OPENING at O'Hare Airport International Terminal 5?
Trish C
2009-11-27 13:27:07 UTC
I have a strange question. I'm traveling with my dog who uses an x-large kennel. I need to know the width of the elevator door opening in the international terminal. I was once in an airport in Japan and her kennel was probably a centimeter too wide and it got stuck while we were entering the elevator! I don't want this to happen again. Departures are on the top floor and we can't avoid the elevators. I am moving overseas and I can't just not bring her.
Four answers:
?
2009-11-28 01:01:27 UTC
I travel in and out of O'Hare frequently. I have had to call them and some of the nice people who answer are related to the guy above me. Try calling and asking for maintenance they may know the answer. There is a phone # on the website. Best of luck with your move and your fur baby.
2016-05-25 07:37:35 UTC
I would just approach the Airport on Interstate 190, then follow signs. Surely all Terminals will be signposted? But I'm from the UK and have only negotiated Orlando Airport so don't know much about US Airports. I know in the UK all terminals at Airports are clearly signed so you shouldn't have a problem.
2009-11-27 17:08:31 UTC
Which elevator? There a BUNCH in terminal 5.
nas88car300
2009-11-28 07:00:58 UTC
you should have no problem many a bit wider because of peopel that need to use them with wheelchairs and i have scene some pretty wide wheelchairs..

elevatores are not all standard they do come in in all sizes

Japan seems to keep everything smaller than the rest