Question:
What are the best places to go out to in the Waukegan, Gurnee area...or anywhere in Lake County ?
Pretty Brown Eyes
2006-03-05 11:32:26 UTC
I'm pretty bored around here and I need to know some interesting things to do at night so if you know anything good it would be a real help.
Three answers:
main_chalu_hu_re
2006-03-07 10:08:42 UTC
ask meeee I've spend almost a year in waukegan near the Bowen park(cool park). u can go to gurnee mills, six flags, i advice u take a season pass its worthy. go to the beach its very close n there r many more places just hang around meet people and u if u want to go out at night u can always go to marcus cinema in gurnee mills. I'm so bored here in Atlanta, waukegan was like heaven to me i used to stay in northgate apartments.
smith_la
2006-03-07 23:06:50 UTC
i no longer live in IL but am from highland park. suggest you take yourself to chicago even though it is a bit of a drive. you just have to figure on travelling about 30-45 minutes each way when you are out and about. try the taking the train into the city if you don't like to drive.

if you'd like to have a fine meal there are a number of really good restaurants in wheeling on milwaukee road which is relatively close by.

there just isn't much your way locally - mostly the suburban malls and sprawl. great america is good for a couple of trips but you get tired of that. also used to hit the bars in WI but that too is a bit of drive and a bit un-nerving after you have one too many when they stop you at the checkpoint on 41.

good luck
2006-03-09 06:54:13 UTC
Six flags great america is in Gurnee