Question:
Have you ever been to Chicago? What was your favorite thing to do?
C D
2006-03-30 07:26:29 UTC
Might be going in May...give some suggestions...thanks in advance..
Twelve answers:
MissNurse
2006-03-30 07:32:48 UTC
Yes and didn't see much of the city, was in my hotel room in the sheets the whole time.
Di
2006-03-30 15:42:59 UTC
Chicago is amazing! I've spent a few days there every summer for the last 10 years!

Of course, the shopping. Everything you could ever want is somewhere on Michigan Avenue.

There's a building (a mall really) called the Water Tower Place on Michigan Ave that has great stores and a Mezanine level with all kinds of food stands and stuff...good for breakfast and in walking distance of a lot of hotels.

Navy Pier is great. At night you can always find a band playing at the Beer Garden. You can shop at a bunch of fun little stands, ride a ferris wheel, etc.

Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry are cool, if you're into that kind of thing. I've been a couple of times, and once you've been there you kind of get over it, but they're cool places.

Catch a baseball game for goodness sake! (Again, if you're into it) It's the Cubs' turn finally! (Probably not since Prior and Wood are on the DL) But between the Sox (US Cellular Field in South Chicago...careful, bit of a rough neighborhood around there) and the Cubs (BEAUTIFUL Wrigley Field in the north part), there's always a game going and the atmosphere is great.

Food: If you're into Italian, my two favorite restaurants in Chicago are Magiano's (careful, LOTS of food) and Scoozi.

I don't know anything about the clubs, really, since I always go with family

It's a really fun city!
2006-03-30 15:37:59 UTC
I grew up in the Chicago area, and it's a terrific city to visit. If you're a sports fan, there are professional baseball (White Sox, 2005 World Series Champions), football, hockey, basketball and soccer teams. Harry Caray's and Mike Ditka's restaurants are icons. Visit Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, The Art Institute and the Museum of Modern Art...all world class. Pizza is BIG in Chicago, as are Vienna Redhots and cheeseburgers at the Billy Goat Tavern. Visit Second City, where the original cast members of Saturday Night Live worked and learned comedy improv. Enjoy festivals (Blues, Jazz, Taste of Chicago) in Grant Park. Take an architecture tour by boat or el. Have a drink in the bar at the Top of the Cock (the John Hancock Building. The Ladies' Room there has a view!) There is so much to do and enjoy in Chicago.
2006-03-30 15:39:33 UTC
i live in chicago

trust me i no its awesome you will love the clubs and shops and go 2 Rainforest Cafe and Navy Pier and take a boat ride and watch a show buy stuff watch a movie in IMAX and then go 2 the HERSEY'S store they have the best stuff and go 2 H&M which is an awesome clothing and acsecories store u should buy stuff we got LV aka lious vation PS i have his watch cool hu? anyway they have GUCCI Prada also check out the water tower and the john hancock building ps dress up ******* nice and be respectful cause the people are ****** strict and mean but some are nice very nice and go 2 wrigley field home of the chicago cubs and also cingular field home of our champs the White Sox and go 2 the Sears tower ps again dress up ****** nice here 2

PSS my fav thing is the shops and horsy carrige rides that are fun and cool also i love the people just walkiing around and seeing the people i always see the people cause i work there in GUCCI come by and see me please and pick me as ur "best answer"

thanx

luv ya

bye bye

ellie

oh yeah i forgot go 2 busch gardens were nice clothes and dont eat before and bring a hot chick like me with u boy

k?

also go 2 shedd aquarium all around it k? its awsome u get to feed dolphins and feel sting rays sharks and even coral and starfish and jellyfish
bartathalon
2006-03-30 15:34:09 UTC
Yah I have been to Chicago. And the most fun that I had was driving like 110 mph on the interstates that run through it and around it. The interstates are like six lanes in each direction and everyone flies on them. Also May is a bit cold still but maybe catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
sskr
2006-03-30 15:30:59 UTC
visit navy pier, take a boat ride in the chicago river and enjoy the architectural beauty of City buildings.
TINKERTOY ..... the 1 & only
2006-03-30 15:58:02 UTC
Yes, went up in the Sears Tower
TimmyTwo2
2006-03-30 15:31:01 UTC
The Art Museum is my favorite place.
mattglobal
2006-03-30 17:04:07 UTC
The Shed Aquarium is the best aquarium I have ever been to. It is a must. Have a fun trip :)
2006-03-30 20:00:09 UTC
Go see wicked the musical it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! also shopping and lots of cool stuff. would tell you more but i am really tired going to take a nap know
Michael
2006-03-30 15:27:24 UTC
Yea, the shopping is great and the clubs and what not aren't bad either.
ajamg1043
2006-03-30 18:15:57 UTC
S-H-O-P SHOP! I LOVE TO SHOP! SHOP SHOP SHOP!