Question:
What is the best deal I can get on a rental car from O'Hare Airport from 5/11-5/22/06?
2006-03-15 11:27:03 UTC
The total traveling party will be 2 adults and one toddler.
Seven answers:
tech_fanatic
2006-03-15 11:45:40 UTC
You will probably only need an economy car to get the lowest rate on the car. I would contact some car companies directly to see what discounts they offer. Sometimes you can find good deals on their website, sometimes you have to call to see what they all offer. You can also try AAA or online discounters. Usually if you get the car in a package the price is going to be a lot higher than just getting it seperate.

Hope this helps
cfwolfs
2006-03-22 14:32:27 UTC
I usually have great luck with Hotwire.com. Paid for an economy car, but when i got to the Alamo counter, they gave me an SUV. Great! Plus don't pay for the extra insurance... Call your auto insurance company, and ask for a specific rider for rental cars. I do this a week before I rent the car, and then cancel it a week after, ends up being like $5 versus the exorbitant amount the rental companies charge. (Gotta love State Farm for making it easy!)
BKW
2006-03-15 21:43:50 UTC
The second cheapest car next to the Dollar minivan mentioned earlier is a Ford Escape (Midsize SUV) from Budget. $370.52. This rate will vary a little bit depending on your pickup and dropoff times. Just go to Budget.com to reserve.
Sassy1
2006-03-15 21:48:40 UTC
If you are not finding any good deals on the internet, call your local travel agency. Most agencies have corporate discount numbers just for their agency - this gives between a 10-20 percent discount of rates.
sabrina152
2006-03-15 20:39:17 UTC
For those dates the best rate I am seeing is with Dollar and it is for a Minivan (believe it or not) Total Approx Rate with taxes $351.51. Overall Dollar looks like your best option!!
TINKERTOY ..... the 1 & only
2006-03-15 21:36:28 UTC
Go to expedia.com or Travelocity.com. Both will give you the lowest rates available
shawnthavirgo
2006-03-21 03:41:08 UTC
Have you checked out Hertz?